As a Baron of the Barossa and founder of Gibson Wines, Rob Gibson’s history in wine crosses four decades. As winemaker, viticulturalist and geologist, he has earned the title ‘The Dirtman’ for his passion and expertise in winegrowing, soils and in depth understanding of what lies beneath.
Day with the Dirtman is an opportunity to join Rob Gibson personally, for an expertly guided full-day immersion into the Barossa. The day blends deeper vineyard, soil and wine discovery, with insights on how to ‘live like a local’. You’ll discover some of the region’s passionate food artisans, get access to special vineyards and vistas normally off limits to public, all whilst being treated to down-to-earth Barossa hospitality.
- A tailored day based on your wine interests or preferences
- Personally hosted by the Gibson family
- Collection and return from any Barossa accommodation
- Coffee/tea from a local barista
- Eden Valley vineyard tour, including Riesling tasting amongst the vines
- Barossa lunch in Gibson’s 1850s Blacksmiths cottage, featuring local butcher products, providore and premium Gibson wines
- Barrel tasting in Gibson’s oak cellar
- Local cheese pairing with museum release wine tasting
Please note this experience includes guided access into a selection of vineyards. To protect our vines from transferable pests and diseases such as Phylloxera, it is a requirement that guests disinfest footwear before and after entering any vineyard sites. An appropriate disinfesting solution for footwear will be provided to guests on the day.
This exclusive experience is only available during limited times of the year.
IN GIBBO'S WORDS
We’re here, we have these gems to be discovered we want you to come have a bloody good time with us."
WINEMAKER, GIBSON WINES